Aerotek is now hiring for Maintenance Mechanic for a client in Culpeper, VA
- Troubleshoot machinery and performs necessary adjustments to keep it operational.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse in order to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material between work areas and storage, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Set up and operate machines, and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Perform inspections to assure compliance with regulations.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have experience troubleshooting production equipment
- Must be comfortable working in a non climate controlled environment
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift